Ripples in the Water is Michelle’s first published novel (2007, The Wild Rose Press). It’s one of those stories where the inspiration, she says, came from absolutely nowhere. She’d given birth to her son and was on maternity leave—she used to work as a therapy radiographer. One night she’d awoke without reason or rhyme with three names circling with absolute clarity in her head: Claerdal, Celeste and Guy Fawkes. But she was quite aware at that moment that the object of the exercise would be to link those names somehow. The result being her debut novel, Ripples in the Water.
Michelle has an insatiable love of history and it really doesn’t matter which history. She strives to find the story running parallel to whatever historical event she chooses to write about. History will never change, but there’ll always be someone else’s truth and that is what she tries to convey in her novels.
Ripples in the Water is an historical piece full of intrigue and suspense. It explores the power of coincidence.
Brenda Talley from The Romance Studio says, ‘This novel, written by Ms. Michelle Chambers, has very detailed, interesting scenarios which are spell-binding. The more I read, the more (and faster) I wanted to read...’
Linda L. from Fallen Angel Reviews says, ‘Michelle Chambers cast well-rounded characters that weave an intriguing tale...’
In 2007 Michelle Chambers entered, and won, a short-story (e-book) competition organised by The Wild Rose Press in New York. The story is called Fairytale Bride. It’s a tale of time-travel set in Regency England and explores the premise of the Law of Attraction.
Both Ripples in the Water and Fairytale Bride are available at www.fictionwise.com or www.thewildrosepress.com or www.amazon.com
Michelle has recently submitted a proposal for the prequel to Ripples in the Water, titled Celeste, to Resplendence Publishing LLC in New York. Celeste follows the heroine’s dramatic journey from innocence to worldly-wise while she wrestles with heartache and fears and becomes the woman she need to be in the sequel, Ripples in the Water.
- Queen Takes KIng - WIP
- The Flawed Princess - WIP
- Blood of His Fathers Book 3 - WIP
- Blood of His Fathers Book 2 - WIP
- Hessa's Fire- WIP
- Luna: Frost Moons and Golden Apples Book 3 - November 2017
- Luna: Frost Moons and Golden Apples Book 2 - November 2017
- Treason-Prequel (3rd Edition) - October 2017
- Treason- Book 2 (3rd Edition) - October 2017
- Treason- Book 1 (3rd Edition) - September 2017
- Luna: Frost Moons and Golden Apples Book 1 - July 2017
- The Woman In The Portrait- July 2012
- Treason-previously Ripples in the Water- Amazon Kindle $2.99
- Shakespeare Masquerade July 2011
- Blood of His Fathers Book 1 June 2010
- Through the Garden Gate November 2009
- Fairytale Bride December 2007
- Ripples in the Water April 2007