IT'S a fairytale come true for former Bury student Michelle Chambers.
The ex-St Gabriel's High School and Holy Cross College girl, who is a full-time writer, has won a short story competition organised by her publishers.
Michelle (41), who now lives in The Hague, Holland, had her first novel "Ripples in the Water" published last year.And her second book "Blood of his Fathers" is due to be published in 2009.
Now, she is celebrating after her short story, entitled "Fairytale Bride", won the writing competition organised by her publishers, New York-based Wild Rose.
Michelle, who left Bury for Holland in 1985, said the criteria for her short story embraced a heroine who holidayed in Bury, and how she time-travelled and found romance. The story can be downloaded from www.fictionwise.com or from www.thewildrosepress.com
Of life in Holland, where she lives with her partner and two children, Michelle said: "I came initially for a year, but life had other plans for me."
More Than Simply Boy Meets Girl
- The Flawed Princess- WIP
- Blood of His Fathers Book 3 ?
- Luna: Frost Moons and Golden Apples Book 2 - WIP
- Blood of His Fathers Book 2 ?
- Hessa's Fire- WIP
- Luna: Frost Moons and Golden Apples Book 1 - WIP
- The Woman In The Portrait- July 2012
- Treason-previously Ripples in the Water- Amazon Kindle $2.99
- Shakespeare Masquerade July 2011
- Blood of His Fathers Book 1 June 2010
- Through the Garden Gate November 2009
- Fairytale Bride December 2007
- Ripples in the Water April 2007