Sunday, April 8, 2007

A day is a day, is a day, is a day...

I'm not one for holidays- to me, a day is a day, is a day, is a day, despite any label attached to it. Take today for example: Easter. Though not overly religious I'm not ignorant of its signifcance to those who are, and its pertinence. Yet, I see it as merely another day. I go through life enjoying it as much as the next person but without the need to celebrate stipulated dates because it's generally expected that I do. And as much as I understand the significance, and pertinence of said holidays I remain untouched by them. Deeply, sincerely, emotionally untouched. I am numb to every aspect of celebration, but I am Not a dull person. Nor am I unintelligent, nor am I shallow. And no, I don't need a shrink.

I enjoy every day of my life with those I love; just don't try to sell me one day above another in its importance. Every day is important, and I will enjoy that day on a small scale, whether or not many try to persuade, or dictate, how I spend that day.

You can still be lonely at a party.

No comments: