Friday, March 2, 2007

Back to work

I didn't realise how much I needed my break until I got back today from the countryside. It was great. No computer, no telephone, no disturbance. Pure pleasure with my children, and my partner. Now it's back to work if I'm to realise my ambitions of becoming a successful writer. At least the hard work is already done. The novel is written. All I need do is check, edit, revise and rewrite 300 pages. No problem. It's about a month's work, and it'll keep my mind busy while I wait for the verdict on my first novel that's still being dissected by my editor. I'm nervous. Revisions aren't easy and I'm scared she's going to want the novel revised again- or is it a case of me not being satisfied with my own work? I don't know. Anyway, I've a backup. The second book which I'll be submitting to the Crimson line at The Wild Rose Press at the end of the month. Wish me luck- on both accounts.

But not to leave my editor out of the picture I'm completing a second story for the English Tea Rose line as we speak- er, chat.

See ya!

2 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

The hard work is writing the novel? I have to disagree! I fully believe that the hardest work comes when we edit!

Congrats on your Wild Rose acceptance!!

Michelle said...

Marianne I won't disagree with you- but haven't you ever received off-handed remarks from the world and his wife with the proverbial 'anyone can write a romance.' Well, I have. And it's hardwork, more so than many people give writers credit for; a story which doesn't deviate, active voice, not passive; points of view, tension, suspense, romance, conflict etc. Editing, sure- I'm not saying it's easy but the entire process of writing is hardwordk. The first step is, off course, having a story. Perhaps I should have worded my blog better. See- that's why it's hard- for me anyway!